Standard electrical boxes have a maximum load rating of 50 pounds. Most full-size chandeliers are too heavy to hang from a standard box. Therefore, if your new fixture weighs more than 50 pounds, you must install an appropriate support system. Plan to hire an electrician if:
- You’re installing a chandelier in an area with no existing light fixture or chandelier.
- The wiring in your home is old and requires updating
- Can I reach the ceiling or do I need a lift?
- Do I have the proper equipment? (Chain link cutters, support fittings, electrical lines, etc.)
- Did I verify all the parts and pieces for installation? (Especially important if bought used or consignment)
- Do I have the experience and knowledge to install safely?
- Do I have the manpower? Is this a one-person job?
To have a Gold Standard electrician professionally install you chandelier, or any other new light fixtures, contact us today at:
561-602-8766 or email at email@example.com